In addition to the helmet, motorcycle gloves are also essential when it comes to protective motorcycle gear. This is because in the event of an accident, your first instinct would be to use your hands to break your fall and that is where motorcycle gloves come in handy. Motorcycle gloves also protect your hands from extreme weather. Even if you are on a tight budget, you should consider buying the motorcycle gloves. This article aims to cover more regarding this lifesaving and yet usually ignored gear, as well as how to get quality gloves for riding your motorcycle.
What to Consider When Shopping for Motorcycle Gloves
There are a number of aspects you need to consider before buying motorcycle gloves and these include:
1. Fit - Remember to buy gloves with a preformed palm for a snug yet comfortable fit since if it’s too tight, it may restrict your hand movements and cut of blood circulation.
2. Comfort - Choose gloves with external stitching or flat seams, so your hands won’t feel itchy.
3. Length - Motorcycle gloves come in a range of lengths, but you will be better off with a longer version. Make sure to pick a gear with a gauntlet, so as to fit over your motorcycle jacket.
4. Stitching - Scrutinize the stitching of the gloves because although they are a good fit, shabby stitching can render them damaged after only a few uses.
5. Weather – For use in tropical climate, you will be better off with mesh, ventilated gloves. Thermal or heated gloves should be your top choice if you are cruising in colder areas. Choose waterproof motorcycle gloves especially if it is often raining in your area.
6. Protective Features – For a good investment in motorcycle gloves, go for a pair with good protective features, like SuperFabric, or carbon-impregnated panels and inserts.
Top 5 Best Motorcycle Gloves You Can Consider Buying
The following is a detailed description of the best motorcycle gloves on the market.
1. CARBON Fiber Motorcycle Mesh & Leather Race Gloves
These motorcycle gloves are made from high-quality 0.8 millimeter cow hide, which offer good grip and exceptional durability. They also come with SchollerKeprotec featuring carbon fiber around the knuckles, giving your hands ideal protection against heat and friction. As if these features are not enough, this gear also has mesh which provides excellent ventilation. It also comes with eight air traps which help circulate air around your fingers so that your hands don’t end up sweaty following a long day of cruising.
2. Icon Pursuit Touchscreen Gloves
These leather motorcycle gloves feature a special Touchtec leather palm which enables you to use touchscreen gadgets without having to remove your gloves. Besides this, there are many other features that will make you love these gloves. They are made with integrated Pittards sheepskin backhand and knuckle armor for excellent fit. The expansion gussets feature promotes flexibility while riding.
3. Fox Head Men’s Bomber Glove
By acting as a coat of armor, these motorcycle gloves keep your hands protected especially on long rides. They provide the ultimate coverage, owing to its molded polycarbonate ballistic plate which shields the knuckles. The rest of your hands remain well-covered and well-ventilated with the excellent Pittards leather construction. The Men’s Bomber Glove comes with more impressive aspects, like a two-layer clarino palm, silicone lever grip, and secure hoop-and-loop closure.
4. Mechanix Wear M-Pact MPT-55 Synthetic Leather Gloves
Make sure to try these motorcycle gloves made from synthetic leather. With the rubber fingers and knuckle guards feature in the M-Pact MPT 55, you can flex your hands rather well without worrying about protection. The gear provides excellent protection in addition to superb ventilation for your hands. Despite its leather-rubber construction, the gloves also boast of excellent grip. With their reasonable price, it comes as no surprise why they are a favorite in this motorcycle gloves review.
5. StrongSuit 20300-L Voyager Leather Motorcycle Gloves
These gloves are made from high-grade, drum dyed cowhide leather, to keep your hands protected and well-ventilated while riding. These gloves are breathable given the perforated mesh-top and pre-curved fingers so your hands don’t have to sweat a lot. Another unique feature is their reflective piping which help make you visible even if you are driving in nighttime or dark conditions.
Image credit: uniongaragenyc.com